Skin Changer

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





Author's Chapter Notes:

(314): When you're high, you dance like an injured velociraptor.


My sister has no chill at a rave. No seriously, Anna is notorious for being the "one to watch" at any rave in the tri-county area. More glowsticks than anybody else, already tripping balls when she walks in the door. I seriously only go to these things to keep an eye on her. I'm too old for raves. They're stupid.

But you know what? She has fun. Maybe she looks like a malfunctioning Chuck E. Cheese animatronic out there, but she has fun so it's worth it. I can babysit her once a month or so like this.

Tonight, however... tonight was different. She was already upset because that fucknut Hans broke up with her a few days ago. That it was the third time doesn't matter; she was into him and he broke her heart. On the sober days, we had a few long conversations about that up on the roof of our house, where our parents can't hear. The wind would blow her red hair all over the place, make her look more like a bird's nest than a sister. She asked me why guys always seemed to use her up and spit her out when they were through. It took a lot of willpower not to say 'because you make it seem like all you're worth is a drunken good time.' It probably wouldn't have been appreciated.

And I don't know how she got me to dance with her. I'd only had one beer - and one in a can, to make sure it was JUST beer. I don't know why I had to stand next to that gyrating, flapping monstrosity, trying to pretend I didn't exist. So embarrassing!

And I don't know why at some point, the music changed, and your dancing changed. You started dancing with me instead of next to me. Foreheads touching. Hips on hips and breath on breath. I started out doing it to humour you, but by the end of the song I wasn't sure anymore.

~ o ~