Skin Changer

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +






Chapter 6

 

Anna watched Elsa work on the sensor beacon. It was getting cold, but Knydaxians were a hardy species; she could handle it. "What are you trying to do?"

"I'm getting the beacon ready for transport, Anna," Elsa explained, standing by the cargo bay door. "Are those new clothes I replicated okay for you?"

She nodded. "Yeah. They're so much nicer than that bikini that Master Weselton made me wear."

Anna was now wearing a beige top with a brown jacket and fingerless gloves. She also had a brown belt with a gold buckle and blue jeans.

"It'll keep you a lot warmer," Elsa replied, putting on a parka. "Will you be okay holding the fort till I get back?"

"I think so, but what if you get into trouble?" Anna asked, concerned for Elsa's safety, "I don't want to lose you."

"Anna, this moon is a barren wasteland," Elsa stated. "What's the worst that could happen? Besides, I'll just be in the cave by the ship, setting up the beacon. I'll be safe as a teddy wrapped in blankets." She gave Anna a hug. "See you in about an hour."

"Okay," Anna said uncertainly, "See you then."

Elsa packed the beacon into her backpack and headed for the nearby cave. She had to set up the beacon here in case any of the systems that were still active on the ship interfered with the signal.

Anna sat in the ship, waiting for Elsa to come back. She was afraid for her.

Elsa went to the back of the cave, taking the cylindrical beacon out of her backpack and setting it up. It was a rather slow and arduous process, but after about ten minutes, the beacon was fully functional. "There, now all we need to do is wait for someone to receive it."

At that moment, she heard a soft growling noise in the cave. "What's that?" she wondered.

Slowly, a huge creature with white fur and sharp claws lumbered into view. It resembled a demonic cross between a lion and a polar bear with large tusks on it's face.

Elsa took out her exterminator staff as she saw the creature. "You may not be a dune beetle, but this will take care of you!" She jabbed the creature with the staff.

The staff didn't seem to hurt the beast. It roared in annoyance.

"Oh fuck!" Elsa swore. She tried to run out of the cavern, but the creature grabbed her leg and threw her against the wall, smacking her head into the rocks. Then, everything went dark.

xXx

 

Anna suddenly felt a chill run down her spine, and it didn't have anything to do with the cold. Elsa was in trouble; she could feel it. Elsa had been gone for much longer than she should have been, Anna was worried sick. She poked her head out of the cargo hold door, seeing the cave not too far from the ship. "I'm coming for you, Nira."

Anna entered the cave, being very cautious. She could sense Elsa was nearby, and very weak. She crawled further into the cave, until she found Elsa. The Arendellian was hanging from the wall. She was covered in some kind of webbing, possibly so that whatever had captured her could make sure she wouldn't escape.

"Elsa!" Anna cried out. "Are you okay?!"

Elsa looked at her, eyes wide in panic. "Shhh!" she whispered. "It'll hear you! Get down!"

"What will hear me?" Anna asked.

Before Elsa had a chance to answer, the alien creature that had attacked Elsa arrived behind Anna. It snarled at Anna, slashing its claws at her.

"You hurt my nira!" Anna scowled. The tattoos under her new shirt began to glow blue, as did her eyes. The creature drew back as Anna's tattoos glowed with iridium energy. She fired a blast of energy from her hand at the creature, just barely missing it.

"That was only a warning shot," Anna said, an edge in her voice. "Let my nira go and I won't use my full power on you."

The beast growled, enraged. It charged towards her on all fours.

Anna held her hands together and began to chant. "Ze! Ka! Yo! Chaaaa!" She then fired a massive energy blast from her hands which ripped straight through the monster's chest.

The beast collapsed to the cave floor, dead and lifeless.

Anna smiled weakly at Elsa. "Nira... Safe now...." Without warning, she then collapsed into the snow.

"Anna!" Elsa cried. She struggled against the webbing that held her, eventually breaking free. She ran over to Anna, holding her close. She was ice cold. "Anna, can you hear me?"

Anna didn't stir; she was unconscious.

Elsa saw Anna's tattoos had turned a deep purple, much like the iridium that gave Anna her powers.

Anna's breathing was ragged and weak, the air barely making it to her lungs.

"I have to get her back to the ship," Elsa thought. She picked Anna up and made her way to the entrance of the cave. What she saw when she got out made her blood run cold. A Zetan scout ship, one of the ones that had been pursuing them, had landed just by the cargo ship. Already, Elsa could see Commander Hans and his soldiers inspecting the ship, obviously hunting for her and Anna.

"E-Els-sa..." Anna breathed.

"Don't move, Anna," Elsa told her, taking off the collar around her neck. "I'm sorry." She then took out her earpiece and threw it in the snow, stepping on it. The translator signal was what had led the soldiers right to them, and Elsa had only just realised that.

"J-jai... nevas efuin...." Anna moaned.

"I know what you need," Elsa said, "and I know just where to get it. Please, forgive me for what I'm about to do." Elsa walked towards the ship, Anna in her arms.

Anna looked up at Elsa. "Qu'as...?"

Elsa walked over to the soldiers, praying that things would be okay. "Soldiers of the Zetan Empire! I..." She sighed. "I surrender my friend to you."

The soldiers turned to her, blaster rifles charged and at the ready. Hans walked forward, and evil grind on his face. "You know, I never would've believed you to be the type to just give up."

"I'm not," Elsa said. "But Anna is hurt, and all the medical tech on my ship is broken. You are the only one's in a position to help save her life."

He smirked. "Don't worry; we'll put an end to her pain, I promise. And maybe yours as well, Captain." He snapped his fingers, and his soldiers took Anna aboard the ship.

Anna looked at Elsa with sad eyes. "Qu'il...?"

"I'm sorry," Elsa replied as two of the soldiers put her in handcuffs and led her onto the ship with Anna. "It's the only way."

"Lieutenant Ansaris." Hans called onto his communicator, "We've found the Knydaxian and the smuggler, prepare a containment cell for them."

"Yes sir." Eric replied, "Were they difficult to find?"

"No." Hans remarked. "In fact Captain Frost just brought the Knydaxian to me."

"Very good, sir." Eric accepted.

Hans then closed his communicator and instructed the pilot of the ship to lift off.

As the ship took off, Elsa could see the sad, defeated look in the Knydaxian girl's eyes. She had failed her.

"We'll get through this Anna." Elsa muttered to herself. "I promise you."

xXx

 

Author's note: Sorry for the shorter than usual chapter. Matt is back and active for helping me write chapters now, so yay! Also I hope you all had a lovely holiday season

As usual here's what Anna was saying.

"J-jai...nevas efuin...." = "I-I...need energy...."

"Qu'il...?" = "Why...?"

See ya next time ^^