Skin Changer

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





Author's Chapter Notes:

(703): And the prospective student I was showing around had to take care of me.


"But this isn't really fair to you," Elsa complained as the redhead helped her up the steps into the Health Services building. "You don't even go here yet, so why should you have to-"

"You're hurt," she cut her off. "Don't worry about who's who and what's what until you get that ankle looked at."

Glancing down at the swelling that rested just above the collar of her Toms, she rolled her eyes. "Sprained ankle. I feel so stupid."

"That's what you get for walking backwards like a 'pro' if this is the first time you've ever given a campus tour."

"How did you know this is my first walking t- oh wait. I told you guys, didn't I?" Glancing over her shoulder, she mumbled, "And they're all alone now, who's going to lead them back to the parking lot?"

"I flagged down some professor before we left." After making sure Elsa was braced against the counter, she reached for the clipboard the receptionist was trying to hand her and took it before putting her arm around her again and guiding her over to the seats. "He took one look at you and figured out what was going on. No big deal."

Now having the task of filling out paperwork, Elsa fell quiet about her fears and misgivings. That is, until she was halfway down the page and noticed something: the hand around her waist had stayed there. Even after they sat down.

"Y-you don't have to keep doing that," she whispered.

"Doing what?" When she tensed her side, the hand rubbed up and down. "I'm not letting go of you until the doctor comes to look at your ankle."

Tingles shot up from the fingertips now - ones Elsa couldn't explain. That one sentence turned discomfort into excitement. The paperwork lay forgotten in her hands, eyes looking down into the greenish ones of the pre-frosh.

"What... did you say your name was again?"

Freckled cheeks drew closer, and the girl's previously-free hand was draped over her forearm. Blood rushed in her ears so fast that she could barely catch the name.

"Anna."

~ o ~